As a Follower City of mySMARTLife, Bydgoszcz is eager to learn and utilise a complex approach based on cooperation with the Lighthouse and the other Follower Cities regarding innovative solutions in the area of energy in buildings, smart ICT solutions and transport issues, also focussing on business models and the cooperation with citizens and business such as:
- District heating and cooling: Building on the previously modernised heating network, the plan are to modernize all grids and networks using smart technology and there also plans for introducing district cooling system which do not yet exist in Bydgoszcz.
- Public Lighting – street lighting: Modernisation of the remaining public lighting and enhance the smart steering including an idea of a citizen application for notification of emergencies and damages.
- Buildings and districts: Enhancing the existing monitoring system which optimises the power consumption in all types of buildings. The main idea is bases on delivering one tool integrating all measuring devices and automations which is connected to the responsible company for controlling and managing installations in buildings.
- Mobility: Management of municipal roads including smart parking meters, automatic red light crossing, speed measurement, city bike system and a system for public communication (voice communication in public transport)
- Non-technical actions: Citizen engagement – citizen’s participation for energy efficiency, evaluation of participation process.